CASTO Associates are offered competitive salaries, excellent benefits, wellness programs and incentives, and a collaborative work environment.
Interested in joining us? Check out our latest job openings.
General Manager, Midtown Tampa
Commercial Property Management -- Florida
POSITION: General Manager, Midtown Tampa (www.midtowntampa.com)
Tampa's newest mixed-use project Midtown Tampa is scheduled to open in early 2021. This project is on a 22-acre site in the heart of Tampa at the intersection of Dale Mabry and I-75, and includes retail, office, residential and hospitality. This position will manage 200,000 square feet of retail along with all common and shared facilities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage the day-to-day operations of large prominent mixed-use center including all phases of maintenance for buildings and grounds.
2. Vendor Management, contract negotiation and enforcement .
3. Build strong tenant relations through direct communication. Provide assistance during build out process, respond to tenant complaints, issues, and serve as liaison to tenants and corporate office relative to lease administration and enforcement of landlord rules and regulations.
4. Develop and maintain Annual Operating Budget. Review and approve all CAM expense invoices for payment. Monitor and assist in the collection of rents to minimize delinquencies.
5. Prepare detailed monthly reports for ownership including financial statements.
6. Develop understanding of corporate standards for shopping center and maintain those standards.
7. Develop and implement a marketing program in accordance with the budget.
8. Work directly with marketing to enhance and increase brand image and awareness through multiple platforms.
9. Build and maintain good community relations.
10. Supervise Maintenance and Security for the center.
11. Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed or directed.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
1. Minimum of 7 years' experience in commercial Real Estate or related field
2. Shopping center experience required
3. Commercial Association experience preferred.
4. College degree preferred
5. Demonstrate leadership, management ability and problem-solving skills
6. Team building and supervisory skills
7. Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills
8. Ability to interact with Tenants, Vendors, Patrons and Municipal Officials
9. High degree of initiative and common sense.
10. Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
11. Able to write reports and business correspondence
12. Computer skills: Excel, Word, MRI and other Property Management related programs. MRI experience preferred
1. Competitive salary
6. 401(k) & 401(k) Match
7. Generous paid time off
8. Annual Reviews
9. Positive Work Environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Successful completion of background check is required for this position.
Maintenance Technician (Residential)
Maintenance -- Central Ohio
POSITION: Maintenance Technician (Residential)
REPORTS TO: Property Manager
The Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for ensuring that the apartment community looks its very best at all times and operates smoothly by performing a variety of tasks including: electrical, light carpentry, HVAC, and plumbing. Maintenance Technicians diagnose problems, determine whether to replace or repair parts, test, and make adjustments until the problem is resolved. All work is to be completed in a timely manner, with true quality, and to the Property Manager's approval.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Check email (when clocking in and when clocking out)
2. Empty trash cans in office/clubhouse and all other common areas
3. Check light bulbs in office/clubhouse and all other common areas,
replace as needed
4. Walk entire grounds (pick up trash, pool area, models, office)
5. Update and verify Unit Status Report- review with manager/office
6. Update all logs daily (inventory, pool, snow) as needed
7. Check for new work orders 3-5 times daily in office
8. Prioritize and complete work orders as needed w/in 48-hour goal
9. Perform punch outs as needed-notify manager/office staff when
unit is move in ready
10. Turn in completed work orders every day
11. Check and run trash compactor several times a day (if applicable)
12. Building exterior check
13. Timesheet review, overtime analysis and documentation
14. Clean and organize maintenance shop
15. Walk property for safety and loss prevention
16. Order parts as needed
17. Verify outstanding work order list and update with manager
18. Schedule and oversee that all vendor work is completed
19. Ensure A/C turned off in summer and heat set at 60 in the winter
in vacant units
20. All make ready units completed in 5 days
21. Winter-snow removal-sidewalks as needed-Summer- water flowers as
22. Receive Exterior Light Inspection (from Resident Manager). Change
lights as necessary.
23. Make Monthly turn schedule
24. Create On-call schedule
25. Lease renewal inspections
26. Perform Preventative Maintenance (April and October)
27. Check safety equipment is current and in stock
28. Verify pool signs posted (Open and Closed)
29. Maintain seasonal equipment prior to using (working properly, gas
30. Engrave new equipment as purchased with Property Entity #
31. Power-wash breezeways, buildings, siding, dumpsters etc.
32. All other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Successful completion of a background check is required for this position. Qualified resumes may be sent to [email protected]
CASTO IN THE COMMUNITY
“… to create value for our customers, associates, owners and the communities we serve,” it’s part of our mission statement and ingrained in our culture. At CASTO we believe that supporting our community is an essential part of our business, and it’s why we offer volunteer and philanthropic giving initiatives throughout the year.
Some of the nonprofit organizations that CASTO has partnered with include:
- American Cancer Society
- Columbus Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA)
- Columbus Children’s Theatre
- Columbus Landmarks
- Columbus Metropolitan Library
- Columbus Museum of Art
- Columbus Park & Recreation Department
- Cristo Rey Columbus High School
- Executive Women International
- Greater Columbus Arts Council
- Habitat for Humanity
- Homeport / Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority
- Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
- Mid-Ohio Foodbank
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital / Center for Children and Family Advocacy
- The James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Triangle Family Services
- United Way of Central Ohio
- Urban Land Institute
- Wexner Center for the Arts
- Welcome Warehouse
AN AWARD-WINNING WORKPLACE
CASTO is more than a company, it’s an award winning workplace that has been recognized as a best place to work ten times, a healthy employer seven times, and for our work in the community for three years in a row. Couple that with outstanding benefits, a creative environment and a supportive company culture, and you can understand why the average tenure of our associates is 10.5 years.
Here are some of our most recent awards:
- Best Employers in Ohio (2005, 2007, 2009, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018)
- Healthiest Employer (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Healthiest 100 (2016, 2017)
- Conway Center for Family Business (2014, 2015, 2016)
- City of Gahanna: Excellence in Development (2016)
- Capital Crossroads SID: Aesthetic Contribution Award (2016)
- Columbus Landmarks Foundation James B. Recchie Design Award Finalist (2016)
- Corporate Caring Awards Finalist (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Columbus Young Professionals Wonderful Workplaces (2013)
- Business First Best Places to Work (2005, 2007)
- Columbus CEO Best of Business (2008, 2017, 2018 Runner-up)
- Greater Columbus Arts Council Medium Employer Community Arts Partnership Award (2019)
- The Healthy Business Council of Ohio Healthy Worksite Award (2019)