CASTO Associates are offered competitive salaries, excellent benefits, wellness programs and incentives, and a collaborative work environment.
Interested in joining us? Check out our latest job openings.
Tenant Coordinator (Project Manager/Coordinator)
Corporate Construction -- 250 Civic Center Drive
Act as the liaison between the Construction, Leasing, Property Management, Development and Asset Management departments and the Tenants from before lease signing through store opening.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create construction estimates for Landlord and Tenant specific projects as requested by Leasing, Asset Management, and Development.
- Develop and create Scope of Work for Landlord and Tenant work on specific projects including construction and sign lease exhibits when required.
- Assist in lease negotiations with Leasing, Legal, Development, and Asset Management related to the construction issues, construction exhibits, sign exhibits and construction schedules on an as requested basis for specific Tenant deals.
- Oversee Landlord and Tenant design and construction activities. Includes hiring architects, consultants, contractors, subcontractors on Landlord work and overseeing Tenant design and construction process that may be needed for a specific project.
- Monitor Tenant construction activities as needed on all projects as assigned including "As Is" projects to insure Tenants meet opening schedules. Coordinate all necessary utility shutdowns as needed with Property Management and other Tenants. Assist Tenant to expedite opening on an as needed basis.
- Act as a General Contractor for projects costing under $300,000. Includes coordinating bid documents, obtaining bids, awarding subcontracts, writing contracts, providing assistance and direction to field supervision personnel, tracking costs versus budget, reporting variances to Asset Management, and reviewing/approving all invoices.
- Review and approve Tenant's Construction Documents including drawings and specifications and notify Tenant of deficiencies and corrections. May require stopping Tenant work until plans are approved.
- Review and approve Tenant's sign drawings and sign exhibits on assigned projects. Review and coordinate with Property Manager as needed.
- Apply for and obtain building permits as required for specific projects related to Landlord work. Assist with permit process for Tenant work if requested by Tenant.
- Compare Lease Exhibits with proposed work and verify that all work is per the signed lease.
- Monitor all construction including Landlord and Tenant construction to insure conformance with construction and lease documents. Includes obtaining copies of Certificates of Insurance and building permits, daily follow-up as needed, coordinating Tenant construction schedules, coordinating Tenant work with Property Management, etc. for Tenant work activities.
- Initiate Date of Delivery letters to Tenant's as required by lease.
- Maintain Landlord Construction Status Report on a daily basis including updating MRI project tracking system.
- Maintain and update a welcome/informational package for new Tenants and verify this has been sent prior their opening.
- Review and approve all Tenant Allowance requests. Verify lease requirements and initiate paperwork for release of Tenant Allowance funds.
- Knowledge of commercial retail properties.
- Working knowledge of commercial and retail construction and construction processes.
- Knowledge of the retail leasing process and ability to read and understand retail leases.
- Ability to read and understand site drawings, architectural drawings, construction documents, building codes, and construction contracts.
- Experience managing commercial construction projects, general contracting experience beneficial.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Attention to detail a must.
1. Competitive salary
7. Generous paid time off
8. Annual Reviews
9. Positive Work Environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Successful completion of a background check is required for this position. Qualified resumes can be sent to email@example.com.
CASTO IN THE COMMUNITY
“… to create value for our customers, associates, owners and the communities we serve,” it’s part of our mission statement and ingrained in our culture. At CASTO we believe that supporting our community is an essential part of our business, and it’s why we offer volunteer and philanthropic giving initiatives throughout the year.
Some of the nonprofit organizations that CASTO has partnered with include:
- Big Brother Big Sisters of Central Ohio
- Canine Companions
- Capital Area Humane Society
- Columbus Children’s Theatre
- Columbus Metropolitan Library
- Columbus Museum of Art
- Columbus Park & Recreation Department
- Cristo Rey Columbus High School
- Executive Women International
- Flying Horse Farms
- Franklin County Special Olympics
- Habitat for Humanity
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Mid-Ohio Foodbank
- MS Society
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Food Pantry
- Puppies Behind Bars
- Ronald McDonald House
- Susan G. Komen Foundation
- The Columbus Foundation
- United Way of Central Ohio
- Wexner Center for the Arts
- Welcome Warehouse
AN AWARD-WINNING WORKPLACE
CASTO is more than a company, it’s an award winning workplace that has been recognized as a best place to work nine times, a healthy employer six times, and for our work in the community for two years in a row. Couple that with outstanding benefits, a creative environment and a supportive company culture, and you can understand why the average tenure of our associates is 10.5 years.
Here are some of our most recent awards:
- Best Employers in Ohio (2005, 2007, 2009, 2012, 2014, 2016)
- Healthiest Employer (2013-2017)
- Healthiest 100 (2016)
- Conway Center for Family Business (2014-2016)
- City of Gahanna: Excellence in Development (2016)
- Capital Crossroads SID: Aesthetic Contribution Award (2016)
- Columbus Landmarks Foundation James B. Recchie Design Award Finalist (2016)
- Corporate Caring Awards Finalist (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Columbus Young Professionals Wonderful Workplaces (2013)
- Business First Best Places to Work (2005, 2007)
- Columbus CEO Best of Business (2008)
In mid-2005 I decided to become a US Citizen (I am from Germany). While I was studying for my citizenship exam, one of CASTO’s employees and now one of my best friends, Tammy F., spent many hours during breaks, while at lunch, after work and weekends studying with me. Once I passed all of the background checks, written and verbal exams, etc., I was sworn in as a U.S. citizen on January 18, 2006 surrounded by my proud family and friend, Tammy. When I returned to work the next day, I was surprised with a party that many CASTO employees attended. All were there to congratulate me and celebrate this special occasion with me. Some of my fellow CASTO employees let me know what a surprise it was to them to learn that I was from Germany. That's just one of the great CASTO memories that I have. I'M CASTO!Regina K.
This company is amazing to work for. From the Executive Committee on down, everyone makes you feel like you are family. They are here for you in the good times and in the bad times. I feel privileged to be part of the Casto family.Debbie Z.
My kids have grown up at CASTO. In the early days they could be seen coloring in my office, eating Mr. Leibowitz's gummies or participating in Take Your Child to Work Day. They have seen the back of countless shopping centers over the years and now participate in our community action events and even work some summers for our residential communities.I have watched my children grow and mature alongside CASTO and now love seeing other children and employees have the same experience here. Pretty spectacular!Linda S.
My favorite CASTO memory has been the many volunteer opportunities and riding in Pelotonia with my colleagues. Crossing the 100-mile finish line and accomplishing such a difficult goal with my coworkers was such an amazing feeling. We have some of the most thoughtful and caring associates at CASTO. Our people are always looking for ways to give back and make our communities a better place to live, and CASTO a better place to work.Hilary M.
What I like most about working for CASTO are the people! Whether it's all the different properties that I've worked at or the great group events we attend, everyone is friendly and energetic, which makes me look forward to work every day!Loren S.
I lived at a CASTO community for two years, moved away, and after being an unhappy resident elsewhere, I went back my CASTO community. Immediately after being back on property, I knew I was home. While filling out the application, on a whim I asked if they were hiring. They weren’t at the time, but a week later a leasing position opened up.After applying for the position, the interview was set up and long story short, when the Regional Manager walked in to the interview, the Property Manager was already doubled over laughing at one of my jokes, and I felt pretty great about the interview from that point on. Three years later, and I’m just as happy to call CASTO my home and my company.Jordan M.